Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Good Things in March....

1. Chicago was fun, as I went to to Shedd's Aquarium, Art Institute of Chicago, and the Field Museum. I also went to the Chicago Public Library, which was absolutely beautiful. Another highlight, I went to the Apple Store of Chicago. My mecca...
( My next trip will be to visit the Wrigley Field and the Museum of Science and Technology.)
2. I have finished coding all of the issues of the I-Witness, Yeah!.

3. When I was QCing all of the issues of the I-Witness based on feedback from M.D., I caught a error when a page was not scanned onto the computer. I was glad I caught the mistake.
4. Now that the issues are coded, M.D. will QC the issues for any mistakes, and let me know if there are any present within the issues.
5. In the meanwhile, I am reading articles about metadata, which is an area I am interested in, as I hear and/or read it about it on a regularly basis. I thought about taking the SLIS class about metadata, but I have heard it is taught on a very conceptual basis...I much prefer things taught on a practical basis. These metadata are written from a practical standpoint, and how digitial libraries utilize metadata within their work. So these should be interesting.
6. Hopefully, I may start working on the other law digital library project soon..but that depends on things outside of my control.
7. Carolina is still in the final Four for the NCAA tourney.....hopefully, things will go well on Saturday night. Tarheels, Baby!.

No comments:

Post a Comment