Friday, April 17, 2009

Things to Come...Maybe?

I applied for a student job at the Law Library where I hope to encodecopies of the Brevier Legislative using my newly learned skills in XML, TEI, and P5. I applied on Wednesday, and I submitted my resume, cover letter to the contact person ASAP, as the job annoucement is only posted until 4/17/09.

A description of the Brevier Reports includes...

Brevier Legislative Reports
The Brevier Legislative Reports were published biennially from 1858 to 1887 and are a verbatim report of the legislative history of the Indiana General Assembly during those years. The volumes also include veto statements and other messages from the Governor. These are a unique set of documents because there is no other detailed and comprehensive record of the debates and speeches from the floor of the Indiana Senate chamber and the Hall of the House of Representatives for this time period. The volumes also contain a record of each bill introduced in the House and Senate, and on a broader scale they are rich with detailed firsthand accounts that reflect the conditions of the times and aid in the understanding of the issues present in Indiana in the mid to late nineteenth century.


So hopefully, I will have paying job in the near future, and I can end my employment at my present job in the Wells Library...

No comments:

Post a Comment